Choose a home inspector based on HomeGauge Services
For agents, choosing a competent or better home inspector is no easy task. Once it was as easy as requiring them to belong to a national inspector association like ASHI, CAHPI, InterNACHI, NAHI and others. Now, many states require inspectors to be licensed and follow similar Standards of Practice (search now). So, it is more difficult for the agent to choose an inspector based solely on the inspector's affiliation. Agents want better service, better reporting, and more of a standard in reporting and delivery. Your criteria for the inspector should not only be higher than belonging to an association, but it should enable you to work more efficiently with the inspection process, including after inspection discussions with the listing agent and home seller. HomeGauge Services are designed to make this process easier and more consistent. Best of all, you get these benefits automatically when you use an inspector that uses HomeGauge Services.
Inspectors that use HomeGauge Services can provide better service to you and your client:
- Inspection Report: Produce an inspection report with pictures in an easily readable format. (samples) This includes a summary with pictures for a quick glance.
- Report Delivery: Deliver the report within 24 hours (same day preferred).
- Internet Ready Report: Provide the report securely on the Internet so it can be viewed, printed, or forwarded as a link fast and easily (not like a big, bulky and slow PDF attachment).
- Easy Report Forwarding: Allow easy forwarding for the agent with the buyer's permission.
- Report Storage: Store the report for the agent, and all future reports, with one password that allows the agent access to all of them from any computer with Internet access, anytime, anywhere.
- Inspector Qualifications: Put in your zip code to see inspectors and their qualifications. Make sure the inspector is either state licensed and/or belongs to a state or national association that has an established standards of practice (ASHI SOP, InterNACHI SOP, NAHI SOP CAHPI SOP).
- Added benefit for agents: All your reports will be stored for you as long as you use inspectors that use HomeGauge Services. This means that when a concerned buyer calls you while you're out of town, you can go to the hotel computer and get to your inspection reports by going to the inspector's site (or here) and sign in with one username and password.
- An agent can waste a lot of time trying to deliver big PDF attachments to multiple parties after the inspection. With HomeGauge Services, agents can forward the report with a link, fast and easy.
- Agents can keep their info beside the report where the client logs in to view the report.
See inspectors in your area that use HomeGauge Services: search now
Tell your favorite inspector to use HomeGauge Services and enjoy the benefits automatically!
Cannot open e-mail Mar 10, 2012 10:29 AM
Aadams Inspection Services LLC: The inspector, Charles Adams was very knowledgable and his inspection reports were very thorough and easy to read. The report shows photos of all the problem areas noted. He did an awesome job and was very kind and informative. He pointed out all the mechanics of the home and gave us recommendations on how to slash energy costs. I would highly recommend him to anyone as he was very professional. Apr 1, 2011 12:53 PM
The reports are very easy to read and even show pictures of the problems mentioned. Neil Anderson did an awesome job and was very kind and informative before the process began. I will definately recommend him to everyone as he was highly recommended to me! Feb 6, 2011 10:25 AM
20/20 Home Inspection Services- Wes is the ultimate professional. Mt report clearly defined deficiencies to include photos. Thank Wes Melody and Alex Arnold Jan 7, 2011 11:49 AM
Randy was so efficient and professional You could tell he had years of experience in this field. Could answer questions quickly and complete. Thanks for making me feel safe for this house selected by my clients. Dec 19, 2010 6:03 PM
PICTURES VERY CLEARLY SHOWED THE PROBLEMS AND WERE DESCRIBED IN DETAIL GREAT IMPRESSIVE JOB !!! HOPE THE SELLER FOLLOWS THRU AND AGREES TO DO REPAIRS THANK YOU Nov 24, 2010 2:46 AM
KathleenRollins691 (Real Estate Pro)
Liberty Inspections - Nick does a great job & every client that see this format is confident that they have the information needed to support their buying decision. Mar 26, 2010 4:17 PM
Richard McKenzie and Michael Musuraca did an extremely through inspection. The report that they prepaired was very accurate and detailed. All of the pictures that they took and the comments were outstanding. I would refer them to anyone. I appreciate the way they explained everything. Outstanding Job !! Dave and Dawn Janson Mar 2, 2010 9:00 PM
The inspector was extremely thorough and the inspection was very detailed. The photos helped in seeing where any major issues were that needed to be taken care of immediately. Great job! October,09 Danielle Watson, The Merrill Group, Las Vegas, NV Nov 6, 2009 2:46 PM
CatalinaPena588 (Real Estate Pro)
JP Enterprises, has a great system to perform the inspections. They are very accurate and detailed. Other business partners and my clients like Jorge and his team very much and appreciate his job. Catalina Pena (Keller Williams) Oct 20, 2009 6:50 PM
AdrienneFelton946 (Real Estate Pro)
Glenford Blanc's steady, thorough inspection pace, and his ability to put my clients at ease as he points out, and explains items outlined in the reports, wins raves every time-for him and for me for recommending him! Glen is an architect, which is really a plus to those clients who are thinking about tearing down a wall, or making some other architectural change.He has also provided thorough documentation on reinspections, in instances where the seller failed to complete repairs before settlement, as promised. Adrienne Felton Keller Williams Realty Consultants Silver Spring,MD Sep 22, 2009 1:45 PM
jessicafoster (Real Estate Pro)
John Hagan is an awesome professional. Very detailed and smart. John has an engineering degree so he sees things from another point of view. He is so pleasant and cordial. My clients like him very much and I truly appreciate all his knowledge. Jessica Foster Fonville Morisey. :) Aug 28, 2009 10:48 PM
MabelNunez281 (Real Estate Pro)
A huge THANKS to Jesse Farmer! I appreciate the time and effort you put in with each of my customers. You have done an awesome job with each inspection & have been able to make the most nervous of buyers feel at ease in understanding the report. Service with a smile all the time- you make my job easier with your hard work and dedication. Till our next one- Mabel Nunez-Broker Associate-EXIT Real Estate Gallery Aug 20, 2009 5:53 PM
lanisd1 (Real Estate Pro)
Your reporting system is great, and I appreciate the way you explained your findings to my clients. I will refer you to others. Lanis Daniel Coldwell Banker-RPM August 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009 11:52 AM
KathyGentry364 (Real Estate Pro)
I really liked getting the report in the format and time frame that you system produces. It is always a pleasure to work with you. My clients are following up on all the items you mentioned in the report. Sincerely, Kathy Gentry, Broker Fralin & Waldron, Inc May 1, 2009 2:26 PM
joywelgan (Real Estate Pro)
Joy.Welgan@erawoods.com Mitch, it was really great to meet and work with you on this home. My buyers are very excited and most appreciative of your comments and answering all their questions. I'll be contacting you again soon! April 29,2009 Apr 29, 2009 5:40 PM
BarketaMotsko47 (Real Estate Pro)
Your reporting system is Great! Very user friendly, easy to read and understand. Great JOB Jan 29, 2009 6:23 AM