Whether you are buying, selling or just want to know the current condition of your home, a home inspection is a great way to find out all there is about the home.
Many people live in a home for 10 or 40 years and never look in their attic, crawlspace, or even pull the electric panel to know whats going in these areas. Even if you have been in some of these areas, do you know what you are looking for as far as deficiencies?
Before you make that big real estate transaction you should have a thorough home inspection for peace of mind about your new joy.
I have a reputation of finding too much and causing a deal to fall through in some cases. It is not my fault when a home commits "suicide". My job is to report all my findings, no matter how small.
My philosophy on home inspections is quit simple. I spend whatever time necessary to do my job right. I relate home inspections to heart surgeons. Sure all surgeons are doctors, but you know that some are better known with great results and others for not so great results. If you had a heart surgery coming up, would you just accept any surgeon or the surgeon with the lowest price?
I have many calls requesting quotes and people trying to get a lower price because others are lower. Some call back with regrets of choosing the cheaper. My average home inspection runs about 5 hours with picture review on computer at end of inspection with an additional 2-3 hours at home writing report. I even had one inspection run 18 hours on a 6,500 square foot home! I tell people if they want a 2-3 hour inspection go with others.
Key question to ask your real estate agent: "Who would you use to inspect a home you or a family member are purchasing?" Not, "Who do you recommend to most clients"
Other fee services include radon testing and water tests for bacteria & coliforms.
Aside from the home inspection, I will schedule a termite inspection (wood destroying insect report) with a state licensed pest control company and/or a septic tank pump/inspection if desired. There is no additional charge for scheduling of these services. I do my best to schedule these inspections to take place on the same day of my inspection so I can see what they will be reporting on.
If you want an inspection that will do whatever it takes to do the job right regardless of time, and inform you of everything so that you can make the most informed decision - give me a call for a quote to schedule an appointment with our home inspector.
Mobile # 828.553.8640
NC General Contractor License #:58287 NC Home Inspector License #: 2359 Mobile # 828.553.8640 NCLHIA Membership
I am a Christian family man with a keen eye. I am very thorough, 4-5 hours per inspection. I have high standards for ethics, morals & integrity. My reputation is for finding too many things wrong. Jim.Hawkeye@gmail.com 828.553.8640
- C.V., August 2014
- J.T., February 2014
- L.M., December 2013
- S.C., September 2013
- M.G., August 2013
- L.C., March 2013
- D.W., December 2012
- M.W., December 2012
- R.B., October 2012
- K.D., August 2012
- F.R., June 2012
- D.B., May 2012
- L.G., April 2012
- M.C., Charlotte NC, June 2011
- H.V., May 2011
- C.B., April 2011
- M.L., Hallandale Beach FL, January 2011
- P.W., October 2010
- G.O., October 2010
- J.C., September 2010
- T.J., July 2010
- T.J., July 2010
- C.J., Brevard NC, June 2010
- L.S., June 2010
- R.M., Jacksonville FL, May 2010
- B.T., February 2010
- F.C., January 2010
- C.H., Woolford MD, September 2009
- B.C., September 2009
- G.N., June 2009
Customers can Gauge service providers on the following 10 attributes. Not all attributes will apply to all service providers.
- Punctuality and Timely Completion: No one likes to wait or have large windows of time where service providers "might" get to them. No one likes the job to drag out because of the service provider's other projects or if it becomes apparent that the SP did not plan well.
- Workmanship: No one likes shoddy work, shortcuts, or tradesmen who take advantage of the customer's lack of awareness of what is good quality work.
- Responsibility: Many home owners do not wear shoes in their home and service providers should wear covers over their shoes when necessary. SP's should not travel into rooms that are not in the work scope. They should not use the toilet without asking. If the SP soils or breaks something, they should try to replace it.
- Professionalism: A Professional does not try to add unnecessary work to the contract. Nor do they try to make themselves look good by demeaning their competition or by discussing religion or politics. Professionals stand behind their price and make the experience pleasant with the customer.
- Cleans Up Daily: Customers like to know that each day when service providers leave the room, it is in a broom swept condition, meaning nothing laying around loose, dangerous, all cords are rolled up, and trash or debris is contained or removed. SP's should clean up at the end of the job.
- Friendly: No one wants to hear service providers' personal problems. The service provider should be pleasant to be around.
- Responsive to a Customer's Call: Call backs should be made in the same day and the service provider should do what was promised.
- Well Organized: Generally speaking, from start to finish, the process went well, any concerns were addressed or corrected, and the repair or project ended well with everyone satisfied.
- Hygiene: The service provider should look clean, smell clean, and wear shoe covers indoors when needed.
- Recommended: Would you recommend this individual or company?
Hawkeye Residential Inspections, LLC
Brevard, NC 28712