The strength of our home inspection comes from our wide variety of specialty inspections which broaden our scope of expertise. We bring an arsenal of tools to aid in the analysis of any number of problems that may be discovered.
We try to find the truth from anyone who has it. We begin that process the minute you confirm our appointment.
We will bring-up the municipal permits issued for the address with our BuildFax subscription. It is a great advantage to know what you're walking into.
For The First-Time Buyer, I walk you through your new home and demonstrate some of the features of the home while we also test the basic systems. I show you the shut-offs for your main appliances and offer suggestions for upgrades or maintenance issues. Our detailed report will include photos of all major defects or specialty items. We leave you with a home owners manual as a gift.
For The Condo Buyer, our price and inspection tour also includes any of the common elements of the property that you would care for me to see or that we may access to (roof, central heat, etc.) You are buying a piece of this building; you should know a little about it.
For The Single Family Home Buyer, we conduct a typically thorough inspection and testing of all accessible systems and components. We will access roofs safely and as needed. We make note of landscaping and garages and other exterior systems. We do not test low-voltage lighting.
For The Small Commercial or Investment Property Buyer, I bring all of my single-unit experience with me to examine in detail the building you're investing in. I can work quickly in rental units and gather the data I need for an opinion on its general condition. I include plenty of photos for absent partners and the digital reports forward easily.
For The Mold Testing Owner, I am a Certified Technician for taking samples of mold, lead, asbestos, and allergens via bulk, tape, swab, wall-chek, cannister and vacuum. I provide reports from ProLab within 3 days with my additional analysis of their findings. I can provide third-party In/Out testing for remediation projects. The important thing: I find the water!
For The Energy Audit Home Owner, I can offer a variety of levels of service depending on your needs. We use our infrared thermal camera in all audits.
- The True Blue Triage is a quick visit to review any plans you've made for improvements, to offer basic suggestions for greater results, or to inspect and test one area or component that is troublesome.
- The Home Tune-Up Report offers a very thorough exam of you home with noted data creating an list of recommended repairs, and estimated cost of those repairs, and an estimate of energy savings realized from those repairs. My additional comments and infrared photos as needed complete the report.
- The True Blue Energy Audit centers itself on the Home Tune-Up Report with the addition of a blower-door test which improves the infrared camera scan. Again, a full cost analysis report is created with detailed recommendations from me. The infrared photos provide a detailed view of the problem areas to be shared with your contractors.
- The BPI Protocol Audt is the highest level of testing we conduct with the addition of combustion gas analysis for all of your major appliances. It includes a blower door test and full infrared scan. We custom write an Action List for your home and budget to help guide you to improved energy performance.
Please call us so we can be of help.
ASHI Certified, Envirolmental Systems Associate Certified, CMC Energy Efficiency Testing
We offer services for real estate buyers, sellers, and owners who need unbiased information about the home they wish to improve. We use an infrared thermal camera in all energy and mold inspections. We inspect small commercial space.
- R.K., January 2015
- J.J., November 2014
- M.A., July 2014
- D.W., April 2014
- J.S., November 2013
- J.W., April 2013
- M.K., January 2013
- J.B., hiago IL, May 2012
- B.O., Chicago IL, May 2011
- J.S., April 2011
- M.F., March 2011
- M.H., Chicago IL, July 2010
- J.M., May 2010
- N.F., April 2010
- M.H., Chicago IL, February 2010
- J.B., hiago IL, November 2009
Customers can Gauge service providers on the following 10 attributes. Not all attributes will apply to all service providers.
- Punctuality and Timely Completion: No one likes to wait or have large windows of time where service providers "might" get to them. No one likes the job to drag out because of the service provider's other projects or if it becomes apparent that the SP did not plan well.
- Workmanship: No one likes shoddy work, shortcuts, or tradesmen who take advantage of the customer's lack of awareness of what is good quality work.
- Responsibility: Many home owners do not wear shoes in their home and service providers should wear covers over their shoes when necessary. SP's should not travel into rooms that are not in the work scope. They should not use the toilet without asking. If the SP soils or breaks something, they should try to replace it.
- Professionalism: A Professional does not try to add unnecessary work to the contract. Nor do they try to make themselves look good by demeaning their competition or by discussing religion or politics. Professionals stand behind their price and make the experience pleasant with the customer.
- Cleans Up Daily: Customers like to know that each day when service providers leave the room, it is in a broom swept condition, meaning nothing laying around loose, dangerous, all cords are rolled up, and trash or debris is contained or removed. SP's should clean up at the end of the job.
- Friendly: No one wants to hear service providers' personal problems. The service provider should be pleasant to be around.
- Responsive to a Customer's Call: Call backs should be made in the same day and the service provider should do what was promised.
- Well Organized: Generally speaking, from start to finish, the process went well, any concerns were addressed or corrected, and the repair or project ended well with everyone satisfied.
- Hygiene: The service provider should look clean, smell clean, and wear shoe covers indoors when needed.
- Recommended: Would you recommend this individual or company?
True Blue Home Inspections, Inc.
Chicago, IL 60645