Are you interested in buying a home?
Home Inspector License Number 589
N.C. General Contractor License Number 34669
Buying a home can be very stressful, let us at Western Carolina Home
Inspections help you with an uncomplicated transition to closing. Rest
easy with a professional home inspection. Not all home inspections are
the same. Here at Western Carolina Home Inspections we use Home
Gauge software. Your report is very detailed, including pictures of
problem areas. Your home inspection can be viewed online at
www.homegauge.com. We will also be happy to fax you a hard copy as
well. Call us at Western Carolina Home Inspections and we will help
you Protect your Investment!
Types of Inspections:
- Pre-Purschase/ Pre-Sale
- Specific Area Analysis
- Commerical Properties
What the Inspection Includes:
- Crawl Space
- Walls, Doors & Windows
- Chimneys & Fireplaces
- Heating/ Cooling
- Water Heater
- Plumbing & Electric
- Safety Devices
N.C. Licensed Home Inspector #589 N.C. Licensed General Contractor #34669
I have been doing home inspections for 15 years, I also have 35 years of experience working as a general contractor. Here at Western Carolina Home Inspections we work hard to help you protect your investment.
- D.H., February 2015
- E.R., March 2013
- J.M., May 2012
- B.V., October 2010
Customers can Gauge service providers on the following 10 attributes. Not all attributes will apply to all service providers.
- Punctuality and Timely Completion: No one likes to wait or have large windows of time where service providers "might" get to them. No one likes the job to drag out because of the service provider's other projects or if it becomes apparent that the SP did not plan well.
- Workmanship: No one likes shoddy work, shortcuts, or tradesmen who take advantage of the customer's lack of awareness of what is good quality work.
- Responsibility: Many home owners do not wear shoes in their home and service providers should wear covers over their shoes when necessary. SP's should not travel into rooms that are not in the work scope. They should not use the toilet without asking. If the SP soils or breaks something, they should try to replace it.
- Professionalism: A Professional does not try to add unnecessary work to the contract. Nor do they try to make themselves look good by demeaning their competition or by discussing religion or politics. Professionals stand behind their price and make the experience pleasant with the customer.
- Cleans Up Daily: Customers like to know that each day when service providers leave the room, it is in a broom swept condition, meaning nothing laying around loose, dangerous, all cords are rolled up, and trash or debris is contained or removed. SP's should clean up at the end of the job.
- Friendly: No one wants to hear service providers' personal problems. The service provider should be pleasant to be around.
- Responsive to a Customer's Call: Call backs should be made in the same day and the service provider should do what was promised.
- Well Organized: Generally speaking, from start to finish, the process went well, any concerns were addressed or corrected, and the repair or project ended well with everyone satisfied.
- Hygiene: The service provider should look clean, smell clean, and wear shoe covers indoors when needed.
- Recommended: Would you recommend this individual or company?
Western Carolina Home Inspections
Workphone: (828) 682-5090
Mobile: (828) 678-5383
Fax: (828) 682-4438
Bakersville, NC 28705