HomeGauge News Alert July 2012
HG 2 Day Training | HomeGauge Tip | TRM
HG 2 day training coming up in Asheville and Las Vegas — only $99!
Get 2 days of HomeGauge Training on Version 5 as well as the Android HG Companion. This training is focused on new HG friends as well as old HG friends ready for an upgrade to Version 5. Your spouse is welcome at no extra charge. Please reserve now so we know how big of a room we will need. A laptop is not necessary, but is strongly recommended. All inspectors welcome — new users too! Call 828-254-2030 and ask for Shancy to reserve your seat now for either of these events!
August 2-3, 2012 - at the Crowne Plaza, Asheville, NC. We have secured a special rate for this hotel, a grand resort in Asheville with many amenities.
Ask us for details or get more info here.
October 2012 - Vegas baby at www.inspectionconference.com. Special: Get a discounted rate to their show! Save $100 on the main event by giving them this code: HG-1964 (separate from the 2 day training event).
Add a smartword for your reinspection "Pass and Fail" to have more canned comments on pass and fail items
- On the menu line in HG Software, go to "Template -> All Smart Text".
- Add a smart word called "Pass-comments". Enter in a few different comments.
- Open a blank report, and at any item, select the button to get to your reinspection pass/fail "Edit Completion Stamp" window. Select "Pass".
- Type in: Re-inspected *date* *Pass-comments*
- Save the Template changes and you are ready. Do the same for Fail-comments.
TRM — Time Release Messaging is out!
Stop paying per report when you can use TRM for your email marketing campaign free as part of HG Services!
... all this and more with NO PER REPORT FEES! It's simply included with HG Services! It just makes sense!
- Send thank you letters to your customers and agents "Timed Released" based on your settings!
- Set up a Time Released Message for 11 months and offer your annual inspection program!
- Charge service providers in your area for you to email an offer to your customers on their behalf, without the service provider gaining access to your customer info!
Until next time,