Garden City, MI 48135
Serving Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw and Livingston Counties.
Are you buying or selling a home? Either way, a home inspection is the best protection you can buy!
Before you make that big real estate transaction you should have a home inspection for peace of mind about your new home.
Fully insured. On site computerized report with pictures. We provide a very thorough, client freindly inspection with client participation, limited protection plan, home maintenance tips and problem resolution tips. A full service company.
Qualifications: National Institute of Building Inspectors (NIBI) certified, Wood Destroying Insect (WDI) certified. Over 30 years of construction/maintenance experience. Strong electrical/plumbing/building experience.
In a time of a strong buyers market, show all your perspective buyers that you have taken the initiative to assure that your home is problem free and ready to be sold, by getting a Sellers Inspection. For information on Sellers Inspections, please click on the links below.
Electrical Corrective Services
Electrical items are the most common defects found in home inspections. If you are selling your home and want to be assured your electrical systems will pass, I now will be offering an Electrical Preventative Maintenance Inspection (EPMI), as well as Electrical Maintenance Repair service.
An EPMI will cost $165, takes about 1.5 hours to complete and includes all of the following;
1. The removal of a select number of devices, outlets/switches, to :
*check the connection of the device and wire feeding the device.
*check for open grounds
*check for proper polarity
*check the integrity of the connections
2. Inspection of the main panel and sub panels for proper grounding, bonding, double taps and the integrity of the connections
3. Checking the integrity of the water meter bonding jumper, if present, and ground rod connection, if present.
4. Check critical areas for potential corrosion problems created by improper connections or connecting dissimilar metals without dielectric fittings, ie: water heaters/copper to galvanized piping.
5. Test the operation of all GFCI's and AFCI's.
If desired, minor repairs of defective items can be resolved, with clients permission. A price sheet detailing repair costs will be available prior to the start of the EPMI.
Typical cost for repairs are listed below:
1. Replacement of a single pole switch or standard outlet - $50 each
2. Replacement of a 3 way switch - $60 each
3. Replacement of ground rod connector - $25
4. Correcting double tap in electrical panel - $50 (Pushmatic $85) each
5. Replacement of defective GFCI outlet - $60 each
6. Replacement of standard outlet with GFCI outlet - $65 each
7. Replacing grounded outlet with non grounded polarized outlet - $40 each
8. Installling water meter bonding jumper - $50
Certified Inspector,WDI Certified,30 years of construction/maintenance,strong electrical/plumbing/building experience
Fully insured. On site computerized report with pictures. We provide a very thorough, client friendly inspection with client participation, limited protection plan, home maintenance tips and problem resolution tips. A full service company.