Why use HomeGauge home inspection software over all the others?
HomeGauge works great with Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP!
Note: HomeGauge does not run on Windows RT.
Get HG Companion for Android. Android Home Inspection Software
HomeGauge home inspection software uses templates to produce reports for Residential, Commercial, Multi-family, Energy and Safety, State Pest Forms, Wind Mitigation Forms, HUD Forms, Warranty Qualifier inspections, Contractor Bid/Proposal and Work Write-ups for bidding. You can also create your own templates and custom inspection checklists! Many of the templates mentioned above are free and included in the purchase of the software. Some examples of included templates are:
Residential Home Inspections
Templates included in the purchase for Residential comply with Standards of Practice for states and organizations like ASHI, InterNACHI, NAHI and others:
- Residential by System: This template can create a single summary or multiple summary defined by the inspector. System by System have no “room” sections. Inspect the home “room by room,” but record the deficiencies at the item or component and describe the location. This template is the most popular. Watch the brief video for a better understanding.
- Residential by Room: This template has rooms so you record the deficiency in the room where you found it. This template is easy to create and the user can duplicate and rename rooms on the fly making this template more specific to the home but can also be a longer report (more pages).
- Compact: This template is the shortest report and utilizes the “Itemization” feature to separate multiple defects that must be recorded on the same item but perhaps are different problems in different locations. This template is not as informative to the new inspector and requires the inspector to know what items or components he must report on. It is recommended for the experienced inspector who wants a shorter report.
- Condo: This template is designed for condominiums laid out in a Room By Room style and the ability to Exclude Exterior sections when it is not part of the inspection!
- Multi-Family: This template can be copied and certain items can be deleted before duplicating the units to eliminate tedious exclusion of components that may not be in the units. It also allows you to Exclude the Electrical section if the electrical panels are at each unit rather than all in one place depending upon the age and design of the building.
- State Specific and ORG Templates: Some states like Texas and North Carolina require certain wording or a required format in order to be in compliance. Also included is the InterNACHI template.
- New Construction Phases: This template allows the user to start inspecting at any phase of progress and continue the phases until a full home inspection is performed at the completion of the home by the builder.
- Mold Template: This template is designed to be used as a full inspection of the property in an attempt to discover and record test locations. It also can easily exclude areas to create a location specific test.
- 4 Point Template: Easily perform 4 point inspections for banks and insurance companies. This template can be easily modified to add/rename inspection items as desired. Note: Some states or insurance companies may want an approved “Form” which would require you to use our “Form Feature” instead of the 4 point template.
- Forms Feature: Forms designed for 4 point with signature capability, Wind Mitigation forms, Roof and HUD forms, Pest Control forms and Custom forms that the user needs for localized business to business.
- Generic Commercial Inspection: This template is designed for use on Restaurants, Office Buildings, Retail Outlets, and Store Front and Strip Malls.
- INACHI Commercial Template: Includes multiple features such as the main commercial template designed for use on Restaurants, Office Buildings, Retail Outlets, and Store Front and Strip Malls. It also includes AIR (Accessibility Inspection Report) for Handicap requirements. Another report the INACHI Template includes is an extensive Stairways Inspection.
- ASTM: This template is an ASTM style. ASTM qualified inspectors can use this template to perform a Property Condition Report “PCR using the ASTM E2018 guideline. It includes the ADA template (Americans with Disabilities Act). Note: it is up to the user to determine if he is qualified, prepared, approved or capable of using this template.
Energy and Building Performance Templates
- Home Energy Reporting: This template uses integrated spreadsheets (Seasonal and Baseload, Thermal Control Layer and Fenestrations, and Building Enclosure performance) to calculate with a blower door along with other diagnostic tools to produce a easy to read illustrative report and can generate a work write up and proposal/contract with multiple project options using “Work Scope” inside the template.
- BPI CAS Template: CAS or “Combustion Appliance Safety” template uses a single spreadsheet and produces a narrative that reads in from the spreadsheet and can deliver a clear easy to read report that explains easily whether or not the home “Passes or Fails” the draft or safety inspection test.
- RESNET CAS Template: is virtually Identical to the BPI CAS test but labeling or wording is meant to associate the qualified energy professional with RESNET.
- General Contracting/Bid Template: This template is great for producing an illustrated bid/quote and a work write up for repairs, remodeling and small or large projects.
- Custom Made Inspection Templates for any industry using HomeGauge or InspectGauge*: See how easy it is to make your own template from home inspections, pest control inspections, chimney inspections to completely different industries such as Towers, Rigs, Structures, Cranes, Sprinkler Systems, mission critical checklists etc.
*InspectGauge is designed for non residential type inspections and the user interface can be changed to fit your industry! Please call us for further discussion.
View the features of our Home Inspection Software
Need online training free and right now?
- Competitor upgrade! If you are looking to move from Porter Valley or 3D Software to HomeGauge home inspection software, it is now easier than ever with our new Migration Assistant. This will convert your Porter Valley or 3D templates into HomeGauge templates. Try it out on your HomeGauge trial version. Download and install HG software and then click Download template migration tool! (make sure you have PV or 3D on the same computer as the HG trial)
HomeGauge comes with FREE support via online HG Community, email, and toll free phone.
Sample home inspection reports
Below are sample reports, shown in some different available printing formats. The same inspection report with the same data is used, but different formats and styles demonstrate a different layout (the printing style can be chosen when printing or uploading a report, or by going to "File - Printing Options"). The format of the report is chosen in the HomeGauge home inspection software after you have completed the inspection and go to print the report. There are many more color options and styles available in the software than are shown below.
Modern Green, Narrative 1
Green, Narrative 1
Modern Gradient, Narrative 1
Black, Narrative 2
Blue, Grid 1
Orange, Grid 3
Brown, Grid 3
New InterNACHI theme
New ASHI theme
Patriotic, Narrative 4 (photos at end of each section)
HomeGauge runs on Windows 8, 7, Vista and XP. Note: HomeGauge does not run on Windows RT.
Apple Mac Notes: HomeGauge Home Inspection Software does not run as a native application on Mac OS computers. However we have several users that have reported no issues with using the technology that allows you to use a Mac, but also run Windows applications. You can use Parallels Desktop for Mac, VMWare Fusion or Bootcamp.
Please contact us with any sales question you might have!
Mon-Fri/9-5 Eastern Time
(877) 274-4299 (toll free)
(828) 254-2030 (local)
cwkyle1 - I sent you an email that I hope will help. May 21, 2013 9:50 AM
Also, in looking through the software purchase options... where do I find "just the upgrade from Version 4 to Version 5? An existing client doesn't have to pay the same price as a new customer who has not already invested hundreds of dollars in an earlier version, right? Thanks. May 20, 2013 11:44 PM
Isn't the cloud the same thing as the free Dropbox App that can be downloaded and used at no cost? May 20, 2013 11:40 PM
I killed my software last Friday and spent the weekend kicking myself for doing it! Your staff ( Jennifer Harrison and Kate Burch) were there to my rescue first thing this morning and I was off to work by 8am (on a Canadian stat holiday)! Thank-you for the support and working an old dof thru some new tricks! Cheers, Curtis- Capital Home Inspections-Regina, Sask. Canada May 20, 2013 6:35 PM
Yes, you can print them all out using the "Walk Sheet" printing format. To do that, open up your template in HomeGauge, go to print, then click on the "Style & Format" tab and select the Walk Sheet as the printing format. Mar 8, 2013 2:03 PM
is there a way to print all the style & material from HG report ? Mar 8, 2013 12:39 PM
WOW!!!! I can't say enough good things about the HG Companion for Android. I hit the ground runnin' this morning, and it is everything I hoped it would be and more! I LOVE it! Great job you guys! Apr 2, 2012 11:47 AM
You were an hour or two early Jeff. It was released on the first! Apr 2, 2012 9:14 AM
well here are on the promised date, guess it was an april's fool joke all along. should i cancel my hotel for next week another bust. Jeff Apr 1, 2012 7:54 AM
Android is in its second beta round. Release is planned on April 2. Mar 28, 2012 1:32 PM
How much longer do we have to wait for the android app? I'm very anxious and ready to go. Purchase a 7 inch tablet and paid for the software already. Hoping this new app will save me alot of time! :) Mar 28, 2012 1:20 PM
For those of you waiting for the Android app or the Apple app - we bought a couple of months ago the Asus Slate eee Tablet - you get full computer benefits in the field - all Windows 7 Professional, a bluetooth keyboard, Intel i5 for speeding internet, Giant Screen with super table keyboard that puts handwriting to text - touch screen - it is AWESOME!!!! We use our phone mobile hotspot to give it internet access. It has a card reader so you can put the pics in while you are with your client. You will never use anything else! Mar 11, 2012 11:59 PM
Full beta planned for next week, then general release in about 2 weeks, give or take. Feb 28, 2012 8:46 AM
Mike, How close are you for the Android app? My laptop finally bit the dust and I'm back to using the desktop... Feb 27, 2012 6:06 PM
Our Android app is extremely close! We will be sure to let everyone know when it is ready to go! Feb 10, 2012 9:34 AM
With pda's all but dead... how soon for an android app? My smart phone is better then my ipaq in every way. Feb 9, 2012 7:42 PM
I agree RMC, We need Mac. I have an iPad2 and it's great. Mike I will buy the software and complete it on the PC when you get it ready. Consider the time savings by taking a picture and dropping it into the comment photo section? This would boost Homeguage so far above the competition. Until then I'll wait it out CMI in S.C Feb 7, 2012 11:10 PM
I have been using HomeGauge for almost 6 years and love it but like other inspectors I am in need of a Mac version. I beg you to reconsider writing software for apple systems. My Toshiba tablet(only PC I own) is on it's last leg and when it goes I would love to never use a PC again! Please think about all of the customers you could gain that do not own a PC and don't want to buy one just to use your software. Apple computers is not going out of business, quite the opposite. A Mac version is long overdue. Jan 24, 2012 9:49 AM
At this time we don't have any plans to create a version for the Mac. We do have plans in the works for an iPhone/iPad version, but that will still probably require a Windows computer to complete the report. The software can be run using a program like Parallels. Jan 11, 2012 11:35 AM
I am very interested in when / if you will be making HG software for the MAC. I have been a HG Gold member for 6 years and would not use any other Inspection Software. But I really want to buy a new iMac and not sure if the software will be as smooth using Parallels or VMWareFusion. Any encouraging thoughts? Jan 5, 2012 2:36 PM
Yes on the iPads, which we'll do after we release our Android app. We don't have anything planned for regular Apple computers though. Dec 6, 2011 9:40 AM
Is home gauge going to make an application or software compatible with apple computers and iPads??? Please say yes. Dec 5, 2011 7:10 PM
We have one in the office and it seems like a pretty good computer for use with HomeGauge. Nov 22, 2011 5:18 PM
To BBHI Knowing what you know now about the Dell Duo, would you recommend it for use...i currently use an HP handheld, and would like to use a tablet. Nov 22, 2011 4:41 PM
We have been using the Dell Insperion Duo Tablet now for about 2 months and have not had any problems. in the field we use it tablet style. When we get back to the office to finish up the report after loading the photos, we use the docking station and a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse. The only complaint we have about the Duo is the tablets are SLOWER than the HP tablet we used previously. AND it doesn't have an SD card slot for loading pictures, an oversight when we bought it. We have to directly connect the camera. Oct 28, 2011 10:30 AM
RMI Home Inspections. We sampled about 5 other inspection software using their trail period software. The best that worked for us is HomeGauge and their user support group is the best! May 27, 2011 9:21 AM
Has anyone run the software in the Dell Insperion Duo Tablet? How is it working for you? May 13, 2011 12:15 PM
KatinaSamaras184 (Real Estate Pro)
Great inspection and report thanks Mar 13, 2011 6:58 PM
I recetnly received a great comment from a Realtor I was maraketing to for the first time. I told her of the Home Gauge program of reporting, gave her the ID an password to view the report. Here is her response in the Gage section: Denny, Just so you know I came and looked. I like this, it's a very convenient way to store reports for your clients and for us to see and forward. No-one else i know of does this-cool. Have a great weekend. Very glad I made the change to Home Gauge. Feb 24, 2011 10:17 PM
Does any one have a mold template they would like to share something that goes above and beyond the 2 standard comments HG gives you i spent a couple hours doing one and the i didn't save change!! im willing to pay $$ email: firstname.lastname@example.org Jan 25, 2011 10:53 AM
Does any one have a mold template they would like to share some that has all the above and beyond comments that HG give you standard i willing to pay $$$ email: email@example.com Jan 25, 2011 10:49 AM